Travel Home with TrailwaysNY. We’re excited to get you where you need to go without worry and hassle and we’ve added a bus just for you.
On Friday, March 8, Trailways will leave from Grace Watson Hall on the RIT campus at 2:15pm and arrive at the Port Authority in New York at 8:30pm.
On Sunday March 17, we’re running a bus from The Port Authority in New York at 2:45pm getting you back to campus at 8:30pm.
If that doesn’t work for you, we have 8 daily departures from our Rochester NY terminal located at 186 Cumberland Street to New York, NY and many others to locations all over New York State.
Below are some travel tips that may make your travel experience more enjoyable.
Tips for Travel:
- Buy your ticket early for the lowest price and the best schedule availability.
- If you buy your ticket online, don’t forget to bring your picture ID with you.
- Arrive at least 20 minutes prior to your scheduled departure time.
- Place an ID tag both inside and outside your luggage with your name, address and phone number.
- Keep your medications, electronics and valuables with you inside the bus. Don’t pack them in luggage which you place beneath the bus.
- Check for personal belongings on your seat and in the overhead luggage rack before leaving the bus.
- Download your favorite movies and shows before you travel. All our buses offer free WI-FI, however, you are limited to how much data you can use and most streaming websites are blocked to ensure all passengers have access to the WI-FI.
- Come prepared. Bring your headphones, chargers (yes, you can charge on the bus), and some snacks for the ride.