Our Customer Commitment
On behalf of the Employees of Trailways of New York, thank you for being out guest. We are committed to providing safe, reliable transportation, at a fair price. We are working every single day to make improvements that will provide a friendly and professional customer service experience that sets the bar.
Whether you book your travel with us through our website, with one of our ticket agents, or a partner travel site, we will provide you with our lowest-then available fare for the date and trip you choose. Be sure to sign up for Driven Miles Rewards for promotional fares, deals, and discounts.
The only commitment we place above customer service, is safety. We comply with all vehicle and traffic laws and regulations with highly qualified and fully trained drivers. We make certain that our vehicles comply with all applicable safety requirements.
Each year we purchase a number of new top of the line coaches, and retire the old. We do this to ensure that your experience on our Prevost H345 or VanHool X45 is a good one. Both in how the coach looks on the outside, and the look and feel of the cabin amenities, we want you to receive more than you expected. From our complimentary high-speed WiFi, USB and 120v outlets at every reclining leather seat, and the color and lighting, we want you to sit back, relax, and let us do the driving.
More information regarding special needs can be found under Travel Policies and FAQ’s in our Customer Service section. Whatever your special needs, we want to be sure that your trip is comfortable and as worry-free as possible. To do that well, it is helpful for us to know if you require any special services for your trip. You can request special services by calling our Customer Care Center at 800-858-8555, where an agent will be happy to answer any questions that you have.
All of our coaches are wheelchair-lifts equipped. We just ask to be notified in advance how many passengers in wheelchairs will be traveling with us.
Our coaches can accommodate individuals up to 600 lbs. in a wheelchair or mobility device right onboard.
We will be happy to assist customers who have expressed their special needs, either directly to our staff of via the booking process.
Because we regularly interline (connect with) other carriers, we work closely with those carriers to be sure that they meet our high customer service standards. Should you have any questions specific to their services or their individual customer service, you may contact them directly using the information below.
Your comments and concerns, kind words and suggestions…they mean a lot to us and we use them regularly to help shape the future of Trailways of New York. We are committed to responding to each and every customer letter, complaint, and suggestion as soon as possible, and always within 60 days from the time that we receive it. This gives us adequate time to investigate your concern thoroughly before responding.
Trailways of New York
499 Hurley Ave.
Hurley, NY 12443
Attn: Customer Care Center
or Contact Us via trailwaysny.com
We promise to make our best effort to promptly notify you of any schedule changes. You can help us contact you by ensuring that your ticket contains a good home phone number, a mobile number, and email address.
We promise to update you if a schedule change results in a new time more than 10 minutes from original departure or more than 15 minutes from original arrival. Except for cancellation notices, notifications will only arrive between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. (EST)
You can get automated alerts for all of your trips with our Travel Alerts and Trip Status Alerts notifications.
You can request automated alerts for all of your trips with our Travel Alerts and Trip Status Alerts notifications.
Trip Alerts is an automated alerts program that keeps you informed on last minute changes to your entire trip as well as offers timely reminders about your departure times. It’s available to anyone who purchased a ticket at trailwaysny.com, at a Trailways of York ticket counter, authorized third party ticket agency, or from a third-party travel engine (i.e., Wanderu, BusBud).
Trip Status Alerts offers the ability to monitor the status of a single trip. It’s a great way for friends and family to check the status of your trip departure or arrival.
Learn more about Travel Alerts and Trip Status Alerts
While not every ticket is refundable, we are committed to refunding all eligible tickets within 20 business days for cash purchases and 7 business days for credit card purchases. Note: It may take up to 7-14 business days for your credit card company to post your refund to your account. Credit card refunds are made payable to the purchaser’s original form or payment. If your paper ticket is lost, stolen, or destroyed, you must purchase a new one in order to travel. You can request a refund for the lost ticket, minus a service fee to for the reissue.
For questions regarding refunds or to check on the status of a refund request, Customer Care Representatives are available at 800-858-8555 every day, between 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
Intercity Motorcoach Customer Service Pledge
We at Adirondack, Pine Hill & New York Trailways pledge that as an intercity bus rider, you should experience a safe and reliable bus ride with professional and courteous service. This includes having a clean and comfortable bus with clear rules for how to ride and be safe onboard the bus and in case of emergency.
- A safe ride every time
- Compliance with all vehicle and traffic laws and regulations.
- Fully trained drivers.
- Vehicles that meet all applicable safety requirements.
- Safe and orderly loading and unloading of passengers.
- Courteous, clean, and accessible service
- Clean, comfortable and well-maintained vehicles and terminals.
- Professional courteous drivers.
- Assistance for persons with disabilities at terminals, street side locations and on board.
- No unlawful discrimination with respect to price or carriage.
- Dependable service
- On-time service with consideration given to events outside the operator’s control including weather, construction, congestion, etc.
- Adequate assistance determined on a case-by-case basis in situations of cancellations or following a material delay caused by the carrier.
- Reasonable compensation or rerouting in situations of overbooking in cases of cancellation or a material delay caused by the carrier.
- Accurate and timely information
- Accurate information regarding routes, schedules and fares, including onboard announcements of stops.
- Travel information for all passengers before and during their journey as well as general information about travel in terminals and online.
- A complaint handling mechanism available to all passengers for issues involving travel, baggage, package express and accommodations for persons with disabilities.
- Knowledge of the bus number to report incidents.
- Diligent investigation of complaints.
- Please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (800) 858-8555.
- Transparent safety measures
- Travelers planning a bus trip are encouraged to think safety first before buying a ticket or chartering a bus by using the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s (FMCSA) “Look Before You Book” video and safety tips.
- The SaferBus mobile app gives bus riders a quick and free way to review a bus company’s safety record before buying a ticket or booking group travel. The SaferBus app, available for iPhone, iPad and Android phone users, can be downloaded for free by visiting FMCSA’s webpage.
- Consumers can also file a complaint by calling FMCSA’s toll-free hotline 1-888-DOT-SAFT (1-888-368-7238) from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. eastern time, Monday through Friday or through the online National Consumer Complaint Database.