Policies and Procedures
- A maximum of two (2) pieces of baggage (luggage, boxes, cloth/duffel bags, garment bags) for each adult ticket and one (1) piece of baggage for each child’s fare ticket may be placed in the baggage compartment under the bus.
- All bags must be tagged with identification bearing the ticket holder’s name and phone number.
- Plastic trash bags will not be transported.
- One small carry on piece of luggage may be brought inside the bus and stored in the overhead compartment.
- A single piece of luggage may not exceed 50 pounds and the total weight of all bags cannot exceed 100 pounds.
- No plastic bags, garbage bags or perishable items will be accepted as baggage.
- All bags must be claimed by the passenger at all transfer points and at the final destination.
- Checked baggage liability is limited by tariff to actual value not to exceed $250.00 per adult fare or $125.00 per child fare. Excess coverage may be purchased prior to travel.
This bus carrier will not be responsible for unchecked bags. Please see the details on “Excess Luggage”, below, if you plan on traveling with baggage over the two-piece limit.
- All baggage must be tagged with an identification tag bearing the passenger’s name and telephone number.
- Dimensions cannot be greater than 62 inches: length + width + height. The only two exceptions are for skis/snowboards and bicycles:
- Skis/Snowboards may exceed 45 inches in length when securely wrapped in suitable material, for example, canvas, nylon or leather.
- Bicycles may not exceed 8 x 32 x 60 inches, and must be securely fastened and wrapped in a box, canvas or other substantial material, so that, if the bike is stored with luggage, there will be no damage to other items in the baggage compartment. In addition, a $20.00 fee will be assessed for bikes stored with luggage. Also, there is no guarantee that bicycles will be accepted by connecting bus carriers.
In addition, for the comfort and safety of our passengers and/or pursuant to federal, state, and local law, Adirondack, New York, and Pine Hill Trailways do not transport the following items:
*Ammunition is not permitted under or inside the bus. Guns may be put in the baggage compartment only if the gun is stored in a gun case and the firing pin has been removed.
**Electronic Equipment may be stored under the bus, only if they are in the original box with original packing material. Does not apply to Laptop Computers, which must be carried aboard the coach with you.
Note: Passengers, who for medical reasons must rely on and use oxygen in portable oxygen containers, may carry these containers with them on the bus provided they are secured on an oxygen rack.
Reminder: Please remember to carry your prescription medication with you on board the bus, and that no prescription medication should be carried in luggage that is placed in a bus baggage compartment.
A $15.00 per bag fee is charged for each piece of baggage over the 2-piece limit. A maximum of 3 additional pieces will be accepted.
No baggage will be checked by Adirondack, Pine Hill, and New York Trailways. Passengers are responsible for claiming their own baggage upon arrival at transfer points and final destinations.